Stephanie Bousley on repaying massive debt and writing about avocado toast - MAF240
My guest this week is Stephanie Bousley author of, "Buy the Avocado Toast."
We chat about how she sank into massive debt, the steps she took to get back on her feet and writing a book to help others facing her challenges.
Welcome to episode 240 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
We chat about:
· How Stephanie racked up over $200,000 of student loan debt
· Living in shame and secrecy
· What traditional debt help books miss out on - the mental health and well-being effects
· The process Stephanie went through to write "Buy the Avacado Toast"
· Innovative ideas for faster debt repayment
· Taking care of your mental health needs as well as your financial commitments
Who is Stephanie Bousley?
Stephanie Bousley graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts with an MFA in Film Production with nearly $200,000 in student loan debt.
She experienced mental health challenges before coming up with innovative ways to service her massive debt.
Her boo, Buy the Avocado Toast, helps people in debt get their lives back, to live it with passion and pay off their student debt.
Links and Show Notes.
For links to the books and apps mentioned, please visit http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF for the show notes.
What is the Marketing and Finance (MAF) Podcast?
The podcast for ideas and inspiration on marketing your business and growing your business, and for discussing topics on all things finance.
I’m Roger Edwards, a marketing guy and keynote speaker from Edinburgh. Talk to me if you want to cut the BS and complexity from your marketing strategy.
The MAF Podcast is a 30-minute radio show you download from http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF, iTunes or Spotify.
Each week you'll hear interviews with business experts, marketers, entrepreneurs and journalists. Interviews to listen to in the car, on the train or on the treadmill. Or even in the bath!
We talk about:
- How you can grow your business using content marketing and social media
- How you can keep your Marketing strategy and communications simple
- Topics, issues, products and business models from the world of finance
You’ll take away one or two big ideas that you can apply to your business. So, you can keep marketing your business to keep growing your business.
Please subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and I’d be grateful if you would leave a review. http://rogeredwards.co.uk/itunes
Fancy Appearing on the Show?
Would you be interested in appearing on the MAF Podcast? Have you an exciting marketing or finance story to tell? Do you fancy drawing out some inspirational ideas that MAF listeners can take away to use in their own businesses? Do please contact me if you want to get involved. http://rogeredwards.co.uk