Elizabeth Jones on exorcising ghosting in business - MAF247
This week my guest is copywriter, Elizabeth Jones.
We talk about how she left a corporate job to start a business and the phenomenon of business ghosting and how to deal with it.
Welcome to episode 247 of the Marketing and Finance Podcast.
We chat about:
- Making the leap from corporate to a business owner
- Copywriting and content marketing
- What is business ghosting and is it ever acceptable
- What to do if you submit a proposal and get ghosted
- Tactics for preventing ghosting from happening and how to deal with it when it does
- Engaging with prospects and clients to build strong relationships.
Who is Elizabeth Jones?
Elizabeth Jones is a freelance writer who helps fintech and SaaS companies distil their complex technical messages into easily digestible content and copy.
From big names to up-and-comers, she's worked with a range of clients to significantly grow their revenue, sharpen their marketing message, and establish their own distinctive tone of voice.
Elizabeth lives in Westminster, Maryland with her spouse, kids, cats, dogs, and five pernickety hens.
Links and Show Notes.
For links to the books and apps mentioned, please visit http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF for the show notes.
What is the Marketing and Finance (MAF) Podcast?
The podcast for ideas and inspiration on marketing your business and growing your business, and for discussing topics on all things finance.
I’m Roger Edwards, a marketing guy and keynote speaker from Edinburgh. Talk to me if you want to cut the BS and complexity from your marketing strategy.
The MAF Podcast is a 30-minute radio show you download from http://rogeredwards.co.uk/MAF, iTunes or Spotify.
Each week you'll hear interviews with business experts, marketers, entrepreneurs and journalists. Interviews to listen to in the car, on the train or on the treadmill. Or even in the bath!
We talk about:
- How you can grow your business using content marketing and social media
- How you can keep your Marketing strategy and communications simple
- Topics, issues, products and business models from the world of finance
You’ll take away one or two big ideas that you can apply to your business. So, you can keep marketing your business to keep growing your business.
Please subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and I’d be grateful if you would leave a review. http://rogeredwards.co.uk/itunes
Fancy Appearing on the Show?
Would you be interested in appearing on the MAF Podcast? Have you an exciting marketing or finance story to tell? Do you fancy drawing out some inspirational ideas that MAF listeners can take away to use in their own businesses? Do please contact me if you want to get involved. http://rogeredwards.co.uk